Embody an Attitude of Gratitude
While Cultivating Kindness
On Sunday, on various social media sites, I shared “6 Habits of Happiness Worth Cultivating.” If you missed it, I offer it to you again.
There was a reason for this posting. It was to prepare you for the next challenge (inspired by PopSugar and Positive Psychology). Please join in developing an attitude of gratitude while cultivating kindness. Practicing kindness and showing gratitude has multiple benefits.
- It will brighten the receiver’s day,
- who may pay it forward to someone else, and
- it will increase your happiness.
Based on concepts in Positive Psychology, we all have a happiness baseline; however, there are still ways to increase our happiness beyond our baseline. One is to cultivate kindness, another is to give thanks.
For the next 30 days, I will post a suggestion on how you may either practice kindness or be grateful. If that suggestion isn’t possible for that day, develop your own:
- For act of kindness acts, check out Popsugar’s suggestion for the day or pick one from Kindness Ideas.
- For gratitude, check out 39 Unique Way to Show Gratitude.
Please! share your act and/or how you felt.
If you are the receiver of an act of kindness, Please! share how it made you feel.
On twitter use the hashtag #30dayKG